The SERA Early-Career Researcher (ECR) Network supports ECRs in Scotland to develop their capacity and capabilities as researchers within a supportive network and to share their research and connect with colleagues in education and the broader academic community.
ECR network includes:
- Postgraduate students (PhD and Masters)
- Educational practitioners researching any area of Scottish education
- Postdoctoral researchers within 5 years (excluding career breaks/maternity or paternity leave) of completing their PhDs
- Researchers/practitioners new to the field of educational research
- Estelle Brisard Award: The prize is awarded for the best research paper written by an early career researcher based in Scotland and is presented annually at the SERA conference.
- Rapid-thesis competition (masters and doctoral students) – prize awarded for most effective presentation of dissertation/thesis in 3 minutes
- Seminars and workshops in collaboration with members and external educational partners
- Networking events at the annual SERA conference
If you want to be involved, please join the mailing list or contact the convenors:
Anna Beck, PhD candidate, University of Stirling
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Xin Miao, PhD candidate, University of Stirling
- Email: email@example.com
Carrie Walton, PhD candidate, University of Sunderland
The general contact email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managing Editor: Xin Fan